i mentioned above please segregate yourself
however go through all basics of measure subject of your department....
procedure i mentioned earlier;
question was very basic ,see following-
1. tell me about yourself almost all companies
2.your hobby ,favourite subject, your social interest
3. why do you wanna join this company
4.your family back ground, your strength and weakness
5. where did you do training, what actually u did there
6. i talked about ntpc unchahar so asked which were measure divisions u you observed?
7.what is power load factor, how will you measure efficiency of plant?
8.why are there so many tubes in boiler what are modes of convection of heat there
9.what is role of super heater?
10.what is cavitation, differential, unit of refrigeration ,name of refrigeration....
11.what do u infer by continuous and continuum growth or improvement
selection process of cil was as following;
1. shortlisting of students on the basis of CGPA and category reservation
2. an extempore topic" foreign investment in Indian scenario" given to 12 students with each 3 minute of time.
3.then 6 students were shortlisted for personal interview and finally3 students from mechanical
3from electrical and 8 from mining...
three different panels were for interview and group discussion
i too get selected in cil
i also got selected in JSPL in off campus application.
its package is 3.8-4.2lac pa
almost i mentioned all thing which i could recall , however keep these things in mind and try to workout following....
1.almost all private company ask aptitude (like cat pattern but very basic) with ur technical counterpart so do it otherwise u may not go for next stage . it seems easy but u have to compete with ur batchmates, nyway
2. prepare a good CV in Proper way, and talk about those things in which u are well comfortable...
3.have some practice about some pat questions like tell me abt urself. this question makes a lot of difference the way u describe n the way u drag them towards ur favourite subject so b smart on this part
4. communicate well what do you wanna say ,say it with conviction and confidently
5. accept if you dont know some qns.. its really important..
i had accepted abt almost 3-4 qns out of odd 25 qns in JSPL interview
it wont harm u at all ,trust me.
6. don`t go for any company casually it will diminish ur confidence if u get rejected at any stage.
so go with some threshold preparation.
7.favourite subject more or less asked so b prepared with it
or otherway they may ask in which division of company u wud like to work so more or less they r asking abt ur interest in subjects
in my case TCE asked they asked abt whether u ll go for construction or design
n in jspl they asked whether u ll go for power plant or steel production etc...
i feel almost i wrote all major things which i could recall...
all d best guys
No. of Candidate applied And Points that Worked in Favour
my gpa was 7.5 so i think it hardly might have mattered, but being NITian may have advantage over other in JSPL and in CIL my confidence worked a lot.
i answered almost all questions with conviction.
i was head member of vnit social club" prayaas ".
so it give a lot of positive talks to talk about work done for betterment of society...
trust it really matters when u do this sort of stuff...
academic performance at college was average but pre-college it was good.
i feel what u speak there that matters a lot ur honest should reflect there and i feel it worked.
mainly in JSPL where i was competing at national level.